Friday, August 17, 2012

ProHDR and Olloclip could be my winning combo.

iPhoneography Quick Tip: When NOT to Use HDR on Your iPhone
http://thebeginnerslens.com/iphone-photography/iphoneography-quick-tip-when-not-to-use-hdr-on-your-iphone.html

HDR is really at it’s best when used on still scenes that have the fewest amount of moving elements. Even slow-moving objects such as clouds and leaves on trees can create ghosts in your HDR images, so there’s no hope for shooting HDR from say, a moving car. Just don’t bother.

(via Instapaper)

I recently began using the Pro HDR iPhone app along with the Olloclip wide angle lens to take landscape and scenery shots. I'm very happy with the effects I'm able to create with this combination. 

But... Why does it seem like people wait until they see me framing a shot and then (like clockwork) walk directly in front of my view? ... :( 

Every now and then, I do get lucky where the ghosting effect (people walking by) lookes pretty cool and I'm able to salvage the photo. 

But most of the time forget it!

So now I will only use my ProHDR combination when I'm alone... or at least when it appears that I'm alone.

Hopefully, I'll be able to hide and take some isolated Marina shots this weekend and further test out my new combo.

Stay tuned
-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment